14 September 2007

Ponderings of a snob...


So, I have come to the conclusion that I am a bonafide snob.

I am losing the ability to spend great deals of time with people who feel that a great conversation is all dick and fart jokes. Sure, there is a time and a place...but really! Also, I am quite annoyed with people who think the only way to have fun is to go out and get drunk. I am not saying I need to talk about the validity of the superstring theory, in fact I would prefer to avoid that. But, I would like to talk about things other than life drama. Let's talk about a great book, or a personal view, culture, travelling, movies, the theater!

I think that I definitely have a preference for educated associates. Now that may seem odd since neither my husband or myself are degree holding scholars by any means (although, I will obtain this goal soon). But, I don't necessarily think that you have to hold a degree to be educated. Brad is highly educated because he has a deep love of learning and he loves to talk about what he learns. That is what I love!

So I pose the question, Am I a horrible person for feeling this way??

1 comment:

Karen M. Peterson said...

From one snob to another, I salute you. I get so bored with people who only talk about themselves that I usually drift away and forget to listen. The sad thing is, they usually don't notice.